New York Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Attorneys
Our New York Product Liability Attorneys are Investigating Roundup Lawsuits
At the law offices of Sullivan & Galleshaw, LLP, our New York hair relaxer lawsuit attorneys have the professional experience that you and your family can rely on. Many of the most common hair relaxers have been linked to serious adverse health conditions, including cancer. Large corporations must be held accountable. If you or your loved one was diagnosed with cancer after frequent use of a hair-relaxing product, we are here to help. Give us a call now or contact us online to set up a free, no-obligation consultation with a top-rated New York product liability lawyer.
What to Know About Hair Relaxer Lawsuits: The Risks, The Claims Process, etc.
A hair relaxer is a chemical treatment used to straighten naturally curly hair. The product works by breaking down the bonds in the hair shaft, allowing it to be reshaped into a straighter form. In New York, chemical hair relaxers are disproportionately, but not exclusively, used by African-American women. Alarmingly, very serious safety questions have been raised about these products. Here is an overview of what we know about the safety risks associated with hair relaxers:
- Breast Cancer: In late 2019, the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences published the results of a study involving nearly 50,000 women. Researchers found that women who use chemical hair relaxers 6 to 12 times per year (or more) were at a 30 percent higher risk of breast cancer.
- Uterine Cancer: In the fall of 2022, a new study was published by the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Once again, the results were alarming. An assessment of more than 30,000 women found that those who use hair relaxers regularly were approximately twice as likely to develop uterine cancer in comparison to women who do not use these products.
Litigation is now underway. The hair relaxer lawsuits are a developing class action & mass tort case. As many different brands of hair relaxer products are affected, some different large companies in the cosmetics industry have been named as defendants in chemical hair relaxer lawsuit claims, including L’Oréal and Pantene.
Victims and Families May Be Entitled to Financial Compensation
Victims and families of those who have been harmed by defective hair relaxers may be entitled to financial compensation for their injuries or losses. These cases are still in the early stages of class action and mass tort litigation. How much compensation may be available will depend on many different factors. That being said, you cannot rely on defendants (big corporations) or their insurers to look out for what is best for you and your family. A New York product liability attorney with the expertise needed to handle hair relaxer lawsuits can help. Compensation may be available for:
- Medical bills;
- Lost income;
- Loss of earning power;
- Emotional distress;
- Loss of life enjoyment; and
- Wrongful death of a family member.
Do I Have a Hair Relaxer Lawsuit?
It is not always easy to know whether or not you have a viable claim in a defective product case. The best step that you can take is to set up a free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced attorney. You may have a claim if any of the following three scenarios apply:
- You used a hair relaxer regularly and were diagnosed with breast cancer;
- You used a hair relaxer regularly and were diagnosed with uterine cancer; or
- Your loved one used a hair relaxer regularly and died of breast/uterine cancer.
How the New York Product Liability Attorneys at Sullivan & Galleshaw, LLP Can Help
Hair relaxer lawsuits are complex. You must have the right legal representation. At the law offices of Sullivan & Galleshaw, LLP, we go above and beyond to help victims and families get justice and maximum compensation. Our New York City defective product lawyers are ready to:
- Conduct a free, comprehensive review of your hair relaxer lawsuit;
- Answer any questions you have about the legal claims process;
- Investigate the case, gathering medical records and other key evidence;
- Take care of legal paperwork and represent you in settlement talks; and
- Develop a personalized strategy to get you the best outcome in your hair relaxer lawsuit.
Contact Our New York Hair Relaxer Lawsuit Attorneys for Immediate Help
At the law offices of Sullivan & Galleshaw, LLP, our New York defective product lawyers have the skills, experience, and dedication to handle the full range of hair relaxer lawsuits. If you or a loved one suffered harm linked to a dangerous and defective chemical hair relaxing product, we can help. Contact us today for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. With law offices in Queens, Manhattan, and Brooklyn, we handle hair relaxer lawsuits in New York City and throughout the area.