Queens Truck Accident Lawyer
As the largest borough in New York City, and one where new development projects are rapidly increasing, large trucks are a common sight. And while large trucks are necessary for everything from bringing food into the borough to providing construction materials for development, large trucks add to the congestion of a city that already suffers from high levels of traffic. And while most truck drivers may be responsible and safe, dangerous conditions and behaviors sometimes lead to serious truck accidents.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Queens, our Queens truck accident lawyers at the office of Sullivan & Galleshaw LLP want to talk with you. Please call our law firm today for support from qualified attorneys who will advocate for your right to your full compensation amount after a truck accident.
Damages from a Queens Truck Accident
In a matter of seconds, a truck accident can change your life. If you’ve been in a truck accident, you may have suffered from the following:
- High medical bills. Because of the large size and weight of commercial trucks, the amount of force that is involved in a truck accident compared to an accident involving standard motor vehicles is much greater (assuming both accidents happen at the same speed). As such, the injuries that are suffered by the victim of a truck crash could be severe, resulting in disability and life-changing harm. Treatment for these injuries will likely be expensive and intensive, requiring a long hospital stay, critical care, surgeries, medications, rehabilitation, and more.
- Lost wages. The trauma of a truck accident alone can make it challenging for a person to return to work immediately after a crash, if not impossible. When combined with physically disabling or/and life-threatening injuries, returning to work within days, weeks, months, or even years of the accident may prove impossible. This will lead to lost wages, lost earning capacity, and lost benefits.
- Property damage. As stated above, the force involved in a truck accident is often much more than the force involved in a standard passenger vehicle crash, which means damages to vehicles are increased. A smaller car involved in a truck accident may be completely totaled, leading to high property damage costs.
- Pain, suffering, and other intangible injuries. The types of losses that a person suffers when they are involved in a truck accident aren’t always quantifiable. In addition to lost wages, medical expenses, and property damage costs, you may also be dealing with high levels of physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, a diminished quality of life, and other noneconomic losses.
When you choose the law office of Sullivan & Galleshaw LLP, we will work hard to protect your rights and get you the level of compensation that you need and deserve.
Liability for a Truck Accident
In addition to the high value of damages you have suffered and the importance of recovering compensation in full for those losses, another reason to work with a truck accident attorney after a Queens collision is because liability for a truck accident may be complicated. In a truck accident, there are numerous potentially liable parties, including:
- The truck driver, who may be held liable for an act of negligence that leads to the crash, such as intoxicated driving;
- The trucking company, which could be held liable based on their own negligence (such as failing to properly maintain or service trucks) or the liability of a truck driver under the theory of vicarious liability;
- A shipper or loader of cargo if the truck accident was the result of a cargo defect/shift in cargo;
- The truck manufacturer/truck part manufacturer if a vehicle defect, such as a tire blowout, caused the crash; or
- Another third party, such as a third-party driver or the party responsible for road maintenance.
When you hire our law firm, you can count on us to dedicate the necessary time and resources to your case to open a full investigation and get to the bottom of fault and liability. From there, we will build your claim and aggressively fight for your right to your full settlement amount.
Call Our Queens Truck Accident Attorneys Today
There are few things that can change your life more quickly than being involved in a truck accident. At the office of Sullivan & Galleshaw LLP, we know how significantly your future has been impacted and many rides on recovering a settlement that justly compensates you for harm. Our lawyers have the experience, skillset, and reputation you can trust. If you or a loved one has been harmed, please call our Queens truck accident lawyers today at 718-843-0300 for a free, no-obligation consultation and the legal advice you can trust.